Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sept. 26 (Saturday)

We have been home 2 days now and Joel is feeling stronger each day. He has gained 4 pounds in 2 days (he had lost 30 pounds) and is looking much better. We took a ride today through the school grounds. He wanted to see the new fencing on Eastchester and the new playground. He is resting during this brief respite until he starts his 2nd phase of treatments on Tuesday. We will be going back to Baptist for lab tests, a bone marrow test, and a doctors visit. From then on, we hope he will be able to get his IV treatments in High Point. Please keep praying that the bone marrow test will show no cancer cells and that he will have minimal if no side effects from the new treatments. Thank you all for your continued prayers. I will post to this blog every few days instead of each day just to let you know how he's getting along.

2 comments:

PaPa said...

Judy,
You will probably have to hog tie Joel to keep him away from the school! Joel, just concentrate on getting well. There will be plenty of work left for you to do.
Now that you are home you can keep an eye on the corn seed that Ronnie planted along with your grass seed. I am so glad that you are feeling better. Ed

CINDY said...

Hey Judy ! It's Cindy Bennett. I've been keeping up with Joel's progress through Karen Jones. She's a customer of mine. I kept telling her mom I needed to send you guys a card to say I'm praying for you guys but this is a much better way of doing it. Karen's mom told me today that you guys were home. That's good news to hear. You two are in my heart and my prayers.. CINDY BENNETT