Monday, September 22, 2008

Sept. 22 (Monday)

Each day is getting a little bit better. Joel is eating more and walking around the halls. His voice is very weak because of hoarseness and sores. His hair is now falling out fairly quickly. We have such wonderful nurses and staff here and one of the nurses told me she thought he looked cute! So, between my big fat "chick" suit and his balding head, we really make a weird looking couple. But,as long as we're still a couple, I'm happy with that. Every day he improves gets us that much closer to going home, which still may be another 2 weeks away. All that will depend on his counts rising to close to normal. We are praying for the earliest release possible. Thanks again for all your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let Joel know that y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

jkay said...

Joel

There is always a first time for anything and this is for me, as I have never sent a blog before now.
Polly Varner (Wally's wife) said she is remembering you in prayer, also Tom and Anna said hello. We are looking for the day that you will be at home and recovering in the comforts of "no place like home". It is something to hear about all of the people that I know that are praying for you and Judi. David Griffith of Signature Sound said he would let the others know and he would be praying for you.

We think of you every day and say a prayer for you all.

Amy said...

Dear Joel and Judi,
I just wanted you to know that my family and I will be praying for you. I can't imagine the emotions you must be going through and the exhaustion you must feel. We will pray that the Lord will renew your hearts and minds daily, that He will guide the decisions, hands and minds of your doctors and that He will make Himself known to you every day. We love you!