Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thursday (Thanksgiving Day)

I am sitting here at the beach, watching our daughter and son-in-law prepare our Thanksgiving meal. What a joy to be able to see them and our grandchildren. In September, we did not know if we would ever have this opportunity again. But, by God's Love and Grace, He has made this precious time possible. We decided to rent a condo at the beach so Joel and I could just get away from hospitals, doctors and my job. The kids arrived last night and from that moment on, the tranquil vacation ended. There are the sounds of kids having fun, the sounds of dinner being prepared, the TV is showing the parades and we are feeling so blessed.

At the end of the first 5 week treatments, Joel started experiencing some minor side effects, such as tingling in his hands and white lines on his fingernails. His doctor says this is indeed minor and can be taken care of by reducing the strength of the chemo drug. He will start the 2nd 5 week phase on December 1.

Yesterday was my birthday and the kids gave me a beautiful pair of reading glasses. What does that tell you? I am getting older, but so thankful that I can get older.

The best birthday present of all was from the Lord, giving me the gift of life for Joel. I could not ask for a better present, just to have him here with me.

We wish for you a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please continue to pray for Joel as he starts this next phase.

Love to all.

No comments: